Here's what's happening in June and July...
Thursday, June 22nd - Hot Jazz Salon at Jimmy's No. 43: For our monthly jazz salon at Jimmy's, 43 East 7th Street, Manhattan, 8-10:30 p.m., we're very happy to be joined by Jeffrey Arnt Arntzen on banjo and Sammy Weissberg on bass, and THRILLED to be splitting the bill with Triple Paste, led by saxophonist Eric Pakula, featuring Raphael D'Lugoff, piano; Arthur Kell, bass; and Katie Down, voice, uke, flute, and "glass trombone." Triple Paste plays music that fills the spirit with joy and reverence for times gone by, including Fats Waller and Billie Holiday classics, and originals. No cover; one-drink minimum, and don't forget to bring cash for the bucket - it's a $5 suggested donation - still the best deal in town.
Friday, June 23rd - Jalopy Theatre and School of Music: We return to Jalopy, 315 Columbia Street, Brooklyn, for a Friday night double bill with Baltimore's Tongue in Cheek Jazz Band. We've got Adam Brisbin on guitar and Scott Ricketts on cornet; we start at 9 p.m., Tongue in Cheek follows at 10, and it should be a GREAT night. There's a $10 cover at the door, but you can pay in advance to secure a spot via Jalopy's site. We love Jalopy, and you will, too.
Saturday, July 8th - Positively 8th Street: Come on by 8th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues in Manhattan for a neighborhood festival that celebrates our neighborhood with food, drink, and of course - live music! You can sit and listen comfortably or get up and dance. To find us, just listen and follow the sound. We're on from 2-4 p.m. Free.
Thursday, July 13th - Speakeasy Thursday at Red Room at KGB Bar: Red Room 85 East 4th Street, Manhattan, 3rd floor. 9-11:30 p.m. No cover; one-drink minimum, tip bucket.
Tuesday, July 18th - Wild Party at SISTERS Bklyn: SISTERS Bklyn, 900 Fulton Street, Brooklyn. 8:30-11 p.m. No cover; one-drink minimum at our Clinton Hill watering hole. Tip bucket, and the more you eat and drink, the better we get paid! So, who cares if you're full? Support the venue and your band!
- Joe's Pub - We appeared September 4th, 2015, backing Miss Molly Ryan on ukuleles.
- Le Fanfare - A smaller configuration of the group appeared at Le Fanfare in summer of 2016, backing singer/songwriter/ukuleleist Bliss Blood
- Club Wit's End - We provided the evening's entertainment and music for dancing at Club Wit's End at The Knickerbocker Hotel, 3/26/16 and Flute Midtown, 9/26/15.
- The RED ROOM at KGB Bar - We've got a residency at the Red Room at KGB Bar, in the East Village, which is the nicest place you could imagine.
- Jimmy's No. 43, During our year-long residency at Jimmy's, we've shared the stage with great special guests and friends, including Kat Edmonson, Mara Kaye (Miss Ida Blue), Bria Skonberg, Jon-Erik Kellso, Conal Fowkes, Dan Levinson, Ehud Asherie, Evan Arntzen, Sean Cronin, Adam Brisbin and more.
- Will Friedwald's Clip Joint at Zeb's, We appeared September 2014 with reed man extraordinaire Dan Levinson, backing trumpet star Bria Skonberg.
- Freddy's Bar, During our 8-month residency at Freddy's in South Slope, we appeared alongside great bands including the SB Deluxe, 5 Mile String Band, The Fred Thomas Trio, Bliss Blood and Al Street, Rust Dust and Fist of Kindness.
- Otto's Shrunken Head on 14th Street has been a favorite venue - we've appeared there several times; guests have included the 5 Mile String Band and the Swingaroos.
- The Ukulele Cabaret - we made our debut at Sonic Uke's bi-monthly celebration of the ukulele and all who sail in her. We love playing here and do as often as Jason and Shannon let us. :)